On Aug 8, 2005, at 10:17 AM, Gleb Natapov wrote:

You should not need to re-run autogen.sh after a Makefile.am changes --
you only need to re-run autogen.sh if a .m4 file or configure.ac
changes.  See the HACKING file.
I know. You are right, but I am running autogen.sh and build on different
computers right now. That's why I had this problem. (Note to myself:
should install latest libtool and friends on build computers)

Gotcha -- yes, that would definitely cause this kind of problem (it saw the updated Makefile.am and tried to regenerate Makefile, but failed because the right tools weren't present).

Ok, good -- that explains this.  I hate unexplained problems.  :-)

--
{+} Jeff Squyres
{+} The Open MPI Project