Jeff Squyres wrote:
On Sep 14, 2005, at 5:40 PM, Tim S. Woodall wrote:

Jeff - seems like a configure/build issue to me. Shouldn't we disable
numa support and not try to build it if the supporting libraries
don't exist?

Not sure what you mean -- the supporting library *does* exist...? (just not in the mode that you want)

It's LANL's strange fascination with static builds that causes the problem. ;-)

well - makes life much simpler on bproc systems...

Seriously, I can see your point, but I don't see an obvious fix -- we don't check for the mode of the target library. We just check that "$CC testprogram.c -L/path/to/libnuma -lnuma" works properly (actually, this is how *all* checks are done in OMPI -- libnuma is somewhat of an anomaly because most other packages/linux distros [depending on the packaging] provide either just the .a or both the .a and the .so).

Brian / Ralf -- any ideas here?

Shouldn't the configure tests use the specified mode (e.g. static/dynamic)?

Is there a short-term workaround to disable numa support for a static build?

Thanks,
Tim