On Oct 11, 2005, at 11:01 PM, Brooks Davis wrote:

Of course, the 1.0 nightly for tomorrow morning will not have the fix
just yet.

Thanks.  With the following patchs and passing
--disable-pretty-print-stacktrace to configure I was able to get truck
at rev 7709 to build. I haven't done any testing yet, but that's a good
first step.

Can you elaborate on why you needed that? If there's a problem with the stacktrace stuff on BSD, I'd like to make it either disable by default or fix whatever is required to work properly on BSD.

The libutil.h check is to get openpty().  The existing code checked for
the libary, but not the header.

Thanks!

The f77_get_fortran_handle_max.m4 change is because FreeBSD's eval
appears to use ints internally so they overflow to negative numbers and
cause problems.  Fortunatly, they roll back over once properly escaped.

I don't quite understand this -- are you saying that $ompi_fint_max becomes a negative number after all the *2's, and then when we escape it and subtract one, it becomes positive? (ditto for ompi_cint_max)

Thanks for the patch!

--
{+} Jeff Squyres
{+} The Open MPI Project