Can you build dynamically and run "ompi_info -all" and send the results to the list?

Thanks,

Brian

On Oct 23, 2005, at 4:48 PM, Troy Benjegerdes wrote:

On a 64 bit PPC system running linux, I get the following:

troy@minbar-g5:~$ /scratch/troy/ompi-inst/bin/mpirun -np 1 hostname
[minbar-g5:00989] [NO-NAME] ORTE_ERROR_LOG: Not found in file
runtime/orte_init_stage1.c at line 212
---------------------------------------------------------------------- ---- It looks like orte_init failed for some reason; your parallel process is
likely to abort.  There are many reasons that a parallel process can
fail during orte_init; some of which are due to configuration or
environment problems.  This failure appears to be an internal failure;
here's some additional information (which may only be relevant to an
Open MPI developer):

  orte_sds_base_select failed
  --> Returned value -13 instead of ORTE_SUCCESS

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----
[minbar-g5:00989] [NO-NAME] ORTE_ERROR_LOG: Not found in file
runtime/orte_system_init.c at line 39
[minbar-g5:00989] [NO-NAME] ORTE_ERROR_LOG: Not found in file
runtime/orte_init.c at line 47
Open RTE was unable to initialize properly.  The error occured while
attempting to orte_init(). Returned value -13 instead of ORTE_SUCCESS. ---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----

So.. couple of questions.. how do I turn on verbose debug logging?
I can't see anything obvious in the strace output.

Second, I currently have a busted gdb, so what's the best way to start
debugging this?

Finally, are there any orte/opal/etc testcases?

Thanks.