On Jan 4, 2006, at 8:55 AM, Jeff Squyres wrote:

On Jan 4, 2006, at 10:35 AM, Craig Rasmussen wrote:

In addition to what Brian said, do you have any specific questions
about Open MPI's build system, the BTL, etc.?

There has been a flurry of traffic on CCA's email list about the lack
of updates to autoconf.  Will this affect you all in anyway?

Not sure what you're asking.  AC is at version 2.59.  It's true that
it hasn't changed in quite a while, though.  AC is certainly not
dead; they've had long periods of no releases before (I think they
publicly jumped from 2.14 to 2.50 or  somesuch).

The CCA people seemed to be worried that there was a long dead time
between releases and were wondering if they should give up on autoconf
and move to something else (cmake).  I love (to hate) autoconf and was
hoping that it wasn't destined for the bit bucket. But since you all aren't
worried, I won't be either.

Thanks,
Craig