Hi all -

I committed a new set of wrapper compilers last night, intended to solve a few problems with the existing code. The number one change being support for opal and otre wrapper compilers (no one really cares about the opal ones, but Ralph and the Eclipse folks at LANL have requested the orte ones). The code was a fairly large re-write, so I wanted some testing before we made the new compilers the default. mpicc, mpic++, mpif77, etc. are still the old wrapper compiles. The new ones are:

  opalcc
  opalc++/opalCC
  ortecc
  ortec++/orteCC
  ompicc
  ompic++/ompiCC/ompicxx
  ompif77
  ompif90

I think I've implemented most of the functionality found in the old wrapper compilers. If it's not to hard, I'd appreciate it if anyone could try compiling their test code / applications with the new ompi {cc,c++,f77,f90} compilers just to make sure I didn't miss anything. Unless I get negative feedback, I'll make the new wrapper compilers act as mpicc and friends end of the week.

Brian

--
  Brian Barrett
  Open MPI developer