On 8/21/06 6:58 AM, "Ralf Wildenhues" <ralf.wildenh...@gmx.de> wrote:

> * Ralph H Castain wrote on Mon, Aug 21, 2006 at 02:39:51PM CEST:
>>
>> It sounds, therefore, like we are now C99 compliant and no longer C90
>> compliant at all?
>
> Well, a compiler supporting C90 plus 'long long' as an extension would
> still be ok.  Surely, that's not "strictly C90".  But from glancing at
> the mpi.h file in my build tree, some declarations are commented out if
> HAVE_LONG_LONG is not set.  Your comments indicate that things still
> would not work with a strict C90 compiler.

True - we removed many of the HAVE_INT64 checks from within the code base
and hardcode int64_t declarations. So if int64_t is not defined and
supported (and I don't believe strict C90 does), we will barf during
compile.

Don't think it's a really big deal - just noting that the documentation may
require updating to reflect the new reality.

>> I don't know how big a deal that is, but if true it is something possibly
>> worth noting on our web site and in our release notes. The code will
>> definitely NOT compile unless int64_t is defined and supported.
>
> I think for Solaris 2.5.1 and Tru64 4.0, you would need a replacement
> definition, but I guess those systems aren't targets for OpenMPI either.

No idea - never heard it discussed, to be honest.