On Oct 23, 2006, at 11:23 AM, Lisandro Dalcin wrote:

 {{{
 rc = MCA_PML_CALL(start(....));
 OMPI_ERRHANDLER_RETURN(rc, XXXXX, rc, FUNC_NAME);
 }}}

 where XXX is some relevant communicator:

  * MPI_START: the communicator of the single request -- easy enough
* MPI_STARTALL: MPI-1:3.9 says that STARTALL is exactly equivalent to calling START n times, so I guess we use the communicator from the request that caused the error. pml_base_module_start_t() doesn't return ''which'' request caused the error, so I'm guessing that if (OMPI_SUCCESS ! = rc), we'll have to scan through the list of requests to find the first one with
 an error and use the communicator from that one.  Right?

Yes, but... Which error handler will be called?? The one associated to
the communicator involved in the request, or MPI_COMM_WORLD? I do not
remember right now if the standar says anything about this. If not, it
should call the error handler of WORLD communicator. Am I right?

This is exactly what I was referring to in the last parts of the message (see above).

Server Virtualization Business Unit