Let's migrate this over to the OMPI devel list; the MTT list is more about using MTT, not actually the tests that we choose to run for OMPI.

On Jun 14, 2007, at 10:56 PM, Tim Prins wrote:

The IBM test suite has 3 very simple tests which just call Init_thread and ask for the thread level. However, these are only run if OMPI_ENABLE_MPI_THREADS
is defined. This is causing them to be skipped in our MTT tests with a
threaded build. Is there a different define we should be checking for in the
tests?

That is the right macro, but I think it's left over from when we used to include all of opal_config.h in mpi.h (we don't anymore). Hence, this macro will never be defined for user applications (via the wrapper compilers), even if it is defined to be 1 when building Open MPI.

Probably the Right thing to do here would be to call ompi_info in configure to see if we have thread support and then set an internal #define for it (in the ibm test suite) that would be visible via ompitest_config.h.

I unfortunately do not have the cycles for this, but it should not be difficult to do.