As I understood our original discussions, this would move responsibility for
mapping rank to processor back into the orted - is that still true?

Reason I ask is to again clarify for people if we are doing so as it (a)
impacts those systems that don't use our orteds (e.g., will affinity still
work in those environments?); and (b) it will make elimination of the orteds
just a little more difficult.

So could you please clarify for everyone what this code functionally does?
All 1023 does is layout syntax - it doesn't clearly state what happens
where.

Thanks
Ralph