Just to further clarify the clarification... ;-)

This condition has existed for the last several months. The root problem
dates at least back into the 1.1 series. We chased the problem down to the
iof_flush call in the odls when a process terminates in something like Jan
or Feb this year, at which point we #if 0'd the iof_flush out of the code
pending a resolution (tickets were filed, emails flew, phone calls ensued -
just took awhile for people to have time to deal with it). It is still "on"
in 1.2 - just has been turned "off" in the trunk for months.

[Actually, I did turn it back on briefly following r15390. Turned out the
timing changed just enough to make it work most of the time with things that
called orte_finalize, but always fail for programs that didn't, so we turned
it back off again]

So the problem of having clipped output has been around for quite some time.
Since only Galen ever commented to me about being impacted by it, I gather
nobody has really noticed. ;-)

Hopefully, we'll be able to turn it back on again soon.