On Oct 3, 2007, at 12:43 PM, Torje Henriksen wrote:

I was wondering if you could point me to any information regarding these
components. I got the source code of course, but other than that.

I believe that there are no docs on how the sm btl works, but the people who wrote it are on this list.

I would also like to ask some more or less specific questions about these
and probably other parts of Open MPI. Is this the right place for such
questions?

Yes it is. Sometimes we get busy (e.g., many of us have been at an MPI conference and a follow-on OMPI engineering meeting for the past 1.5 weeks, so we've been a bit slackful on the email lists...), so if we don't answer your question within a few days, don't hesitate to ping us again...

Thanks for your time, open mpi seems like a very nice project, and it's
fun to be able to mess around with it :)

Thanks!  Hopefully it'll be helpful to you.