No, it's because the CM PML was never designed to be used in a heterogeneous environment :). While the MX BTL does support heterogeneous operations (at one point, I believe I even had it working), none of the MTLs have ever been tested in heterogeneous environments and it's known the datatype usage in the CM PML won't support heterogeneous operation.

Brian