Done: r16872.

On Dec 6, 2007, at 1:34 PM, Terry Dontje wrote:

Jeff Squyres wrote:
I should also note the following:

- LAM/MPI does the same thing (increments refcount when GROUP_EMPTY is
returned to the user, and allows GROUP_EMPTY in GROUP_FREE)

- MPICH2 has the following comment in GROUP_FREE (and code to match):

/* Cannot free the predefined groups, but allow GROUP_EMPTY
               because otherwise many tests fail */

So I'm thinking that we should allow GROUP_EMPTY in GROUP_FREE -- back out Edgar's changed and put in some big comments about exactly why. :-)

Comments?

Note, CT6 (Sun's previous implemention) also passed these tests.   Sun
would like this test passing
to be maintained until some concrete message is made by the forum. That
being said I would agree
with Jeff's proposal of backing out the change and putting in comments why.

--td