On Dec 12, 2007, at 11:09 AM, Andrew Friedley wrote:

Either seems fine to me; the ofud method seems a little less elegant
-- was there a reason not to use exclusivity here? Was it just the fact that TCP's exclusivity is already the lowest possible value (0)?

Sorry.. try putting my name in the email or something so I know you're
asking me.

What, you don't pore over each and every e-mail that is sent to this list? :-)

I think there was but I don't remember right now. If a low exclusivity
for the UD BTL means it won't get used with the RC BTL, then that's
fine.  I don't like that string parsing code anyway.  Suggestions on
what to set the exclusivity to?

The LOW value is 0. The TCP BTL now sets itself to LOW+100 (the lowest of the built-in BTLs that is expected to be used by default), and the SCTP BTL now sets itself to LOW.

So perhaps 0?  (and then remove the string parsing gorp)