On Jan 29, 2008, at 12:13 PM, Matthias Jurenz wrote:

518:
I have added a check whether MPI I/O is available and add the corresponding VT's configure option to enable/disable MPI I/O support. Therefor I used the variable "define_mpi_io" from 'ompi/mca/io/configure.m4'. Is that o.k. or should I use another
variable ?

You might want to use $enable_mpi_io -- that's the variable that is directly set by the --enable-mpi-io / --disable-mpi-io flag. The $define_mpi_io flag is set after testing $enable_mpi_io, and is somewhat "internal" to the IO framework configure.m4 (i.e., it could change on you without warning).

Hence, you might simply check to see if $enable_mpi_io is not "no" (-- enable sets it to yes; --disable sets it to no; if neither is specified, it's empty).