Should the default be to *disable* vampirtrace?

I mention this since, I assume, most people do not depend on this tool for every Open MPI install. Meaning that Open MPI does not require this integration for correct MPI functionality unlike something like ROMIO [example of opt-out functionality which is 3rd party].

So I would suggest to the group that vampirtrace be an opt-in functionality.

What do others think?

-- Josh