Ralph H Castain wrote:
Thanks Tim - I found the problem and will commit a fix shortly.

Appreciate your testing and reporting!

On 3/27/08 8:24 AM, "Tim Prins" <tpr...@cs.indiana.edu> wrote:

This commit breaks things for me. Running on 3 nodes of odin:

mpirun -mca btl tcp,sm,self  examples/ring_c

causes a hang. All of the processes are stuck in
orte_grpcomm_base_barrier during MPI_Finalize. Not all programs hang,
and the ring program does not hang all the time, but fairly often.

Tim

r...@osl.iu.edu wrote:
Author: rhc
Date: 2008-03-24 16:50:31 EDT (Mon, 24 Mar 2008)
New Revision: 17941

Log:
Fix the allgather and allgather_list functions to avoid deadlocks at large
node/proc counts. Violated the RML rules here - we received the allgather
buffer and then did an xcast, which causes a send to go out, and is then
subsequently received by the sender. This fix breaks that pattern by forcing
the recv to complete outside of the function itself - thus, the allgather and
allgather_list always complete their recvs before returning or sending.

Reogranize the grpcomm code a little to provide support for soon-to-come new
grpcomm components. The revised organization puts what will be common code
elements in the base to avoid duplication, while allowing components that
don't need those functions to ignore them.

Added:
   trunk/orte/mca/grpcomm/base/grpcomm_base_allgather.c
   trunk/orte/mca/grpcomm/base/grpcomm_base_barrier.c
   trunk/orte/mca/grpcomm/base/grpcomm_base_modex.c
Text files modified:
   trunk/orte/mca/grpcomm/base/Makefile.am                |     5
   trunk/orte/mca/grpcomm/base/base.h                     |    23 +
   trunk/orte/mca/grpcomm/base/grpcomm_base_close.c       |     4
   trunk/orte/mca/grpcomm/base/grpcomm_base_open.c        |     1
   trunk/orte/mca/grpcomm/base/grpcomm_base_select.c      |   121 ++---
   trunk/orte/mca/grpcomm/basic/grpcomm_basic.h           |    16
   trunk/orte/mca/grpcomm/basic/grpcomm_basic_component.c |    30 -
   trunk/orte/mca/grpcomm/basic/grpcomm_basic_module.c    |   845
   trunk/orte/mca/grpcomm/cnos/grpcomm_cnos.h             |     8
   trunk/orte/mca/grpcomm/cnos/grpcomm_cnos_component.c   |     8
   trunk/orte/mca/grpcomm/cnos/grpcomm_cnos_module.c      |    21
   trunk/orte/mca/grpcomm/grpcomm.h                       |    45 +
   trunk/orte/mca/rml/rml_types.h                         |    31
   trunk/orte/orted/orted_comm.c                          |    27 +

Diff not shown due to size (92619 bytes).
To see the diff, run the following command:

svn diff -r 17940:17941 --no-diff-deleted