I am finding that the memchecker code is again breaking the trunk,
specifically on any machine that does not have valgrind installed.
Apparently, memchecker now forces a requirement for valgrind?

Here is what I get:

--- MCA component memchecker:valgrind (m4 configuration macro)
checking for MCA component memchecker:valgrind compile mode... static
checking checking for the valgrind include directory ... none needed
checking valgrind/valgrind.h usability... no
checking valgrind/valgrind.h presence... no
checking for valgrind/valgrind.h... no
configure: WARNING: *** Could not find valgrind header files, as valgrind
support was requested
configure: error: *** Cannot continue

Could somebody please fix this? I thought we had decided many moons ago that
we would not require specific debuggers in default build configurations - I
am somewhat surprised, therefore, to find that memchecker is "on" by
default, and now requires valgrind!

I have tried --disable-memchecker, but nothing will allow me to get past
this error.

Thanks
Ralph