We may not have this uniform throughout the code base -- this is one of the things we wanted to talk about in the Bay area meeting. I believe that the allowable range for priorities should be [0, 100], and that if you don't want to be selected, you should return NULL (or use some other mechanism to indicate that you didn't want to be selected). That was the original intent of the MCA selection mechanisms, at least.

Josh -- is this consistent with what you found when you consolidated a lot of this stuff?