Jeff Squyres wrote:
On Jul 16, 2008, at 11:07 AM, Don Kerr wrote:

Pasha added configure switches for this about a week ago:

   --en|disable-openib-ibcm
   --en|disable-openib-rdmacm
I like these flags but I thought there was going to be a run time check for cases where Open MPI is built on a system that has ibcm support but is later run on a system without ibcm support.

Yes, there are.

- if the /dev/infiniband/ucm* files aren't there, we silently return "not supported" and skip ibcm - if ib_cm_open_device() (the first function call) fails, we assume that IBCM simply isn't supported on this platform and silently return "not supported" and skip ibcm

Right not we are skipping the IBCM all time. Only if user specify IBCM explicitly via include/exclude interface the IBCM will be used.

Pasha