Just to be clear, Ralf - I'm not advocating that we change build systems. I agree it has been a good relationship, and your participation has been welcome and extremely helpful.

My point was only that the GPL continues to evolve and seems to be growing more aggressive in its "viral" clauses, which makes it harder to work with those packages without getting "assimilated", as the Borg would say.

Thus, it may at some point become necessary to change, even though nobody really wants to suffer the pain of doing so. I'm not sure if these new changes represent that point or not - but it is something we may need to consider, especially if the GPL continues to grow more viral in the future.

Ralph