On Sep 3, 2009, at 9:55 PM, David Robertson wrote:

We use both the PGI and Intel compilers over an Infiniband cluster and I was trying to find a way to have both orteruns in the path (in separate
directories) at the same time. I decided to use the --program-suffix
option. However, all the symlinks in the resulting bin directory point
to executables without the suffix. i.e. mpirun points to orterun when it
should point to orterun-pgi. I don't know if the suffixes need to be
added in other places as well.

Unfortunately, --program-suffix is not supported by Open MPI at this time (due to mundane, yet surprisingly complex, implementation issues). Sorry! :-(