On Fri, 4 Sep 2009, Jeff Squyres wrote:

I haven't looked at the code deeply, so forgive me if I'm parsing this wrong: is the code actually reading the file into one list and then moving the values to another list? If so, that seems a little hackish. Can't it just read directly to the target list?
On the basic approach, I would have another suggestion, reducing parsing and maybe a bit less hackish : do not introduce another file but only a keyword indicating that further overriding is disabled ("fixed", "restricted", "read-only" ?).

You would therefore write in your configuration file something like:
notifier_threshold_severity=notice fixed
or more generally :
key=value flags

Maybe we don't have a way to differenciate flags at the end with the current parser, so maybe a leading "!" or "%" or any other strong character would be simpler to implement while still ensuring retro-compatibility.

Sylvain