I have not played with the Condor checkpoint/restart library in quite some
time. Supporting it should be fairly straight forward though (though the devil
is always in the details with such things).

In Open MPI, all of the code to support checkpoint/restart services like BLCR
or condor is part of a framework component in OPAL called CRS (for
Checkpoint/Restart Service). To support a new checkpointer you will need to
develop a new component under opal/mca/crs/. If you are (or someone you know
is) interested in doing the development, you should be able to use the BLCR
module to help guide you through the details.

This integration would allow you to use all of the Open MPI's current C/R
infrastructure just with the Condor C/R library capturing the per process
checkpoints. Storage and coordination is handled in other frameworks in the
Open MPI environment so you should not need to worry about that at this level.

If you have any questions let me know and I can try to help you navigate the
code base.

-- Josh