(Terry: please add this to the agenda for the Tuesday call -- Ralph will talk
about it since I may not be on the call)

Ralph sent a mail a while ago describing improvements to autogen and the build
process that Brian, Ralph, and I have been working on.  We think this work is
now complete, and would like to bring it back to the SVN trunk.  Here's the
bitbucket where this stuff lives:

    http://bitbucket.org/rhc/ompi-agen

We'd like to bring this stuff in to the SVN trunk by the end of the week.
Please examine our changes and/or test the things you care about in the
bitbucket.  The SVN commit to the trunk will look large mainly because it makes
almost-identical changes in many Makefile.am's and configure.m4's (and we
removed all configure.params files).

*** THE MOST IMPORTANT THING DEVELOPERS NEED TO KNOW ***

<IMPORTANT>
If your component has a configure.m4 file, it MUST call AC_CONFIG_FILES for
your Makefile.am!  (and/or any files that you want configure to generate).  We
converted all existing configure.m4 files -- the ompi/mca/btl/tcp/configure.m4
is a nice simple example to see what I mean.
</IMPORTANT>

There's some other changes and improvements, but most of them are behind the
scenes.  We'll update the relevant wiki pages with all the other details:

    https://svn.open-mpi.org/trac/ompi/wiki/devel/Autogen
    https://svn.open-mpi.org/trac/ompi/wiki/devel/CreateComponent
    https://svn.open-mpi.org/trac/ompi/wiki/devel/CreateFramework

We understand that Mellanox may have some changes to their local branch of the
OMPI build system; it is unknown whether they conflict with our new stuff or
not.  Mellanox is out for ~2 weeks for holidays; we'd like to bring this stuff
in to the SVN trunk sooner rather than waiting 2 weeks and letting the branch
get overly stale.  Of course, when Mellanox does update and get the new stuff,
if there are any problems, I'm happy to work through the issues with them.

For corporate legal information go to: