Tim,

The collective in Open MPI works differently than in MPICH. They are
dynamically selected based on the number of processes involved and the amount
of data to be exchanged. Therefore, it is difficult to answer your question
without knowing this information.

There are 4 algorithms for MPI_Allgather in Open MPI:
- recursive doubling
- Bruck
- ring
- neighbor exchange

I think their complexity is described in "Performance analysis of MPI
collective operations" (http://www.springerlink.com/content/542207241006p64h/).

  george.