The trunk is indeed broken. The reason is, as Terry pointed out, the inclusion
of infiniband/mad.h introduced by r24507
(https://svn.open-mpi.org/trac/ompi/changeset/24507). As long as OFED 1.4 is
available, it will compile independent of the version of the kernel,
libpthread, moon position or <name your favorite here>.

  george.