Hi Jeff, Ralph, and all,

Thank you for your reply.
RIKEN and Fujitsu will work toword 10Pflops with Open MPI continuously.

Here we can explain some parts of our MPI:

As page 13 of Koh Hotta's presentation shows, we extended OMPI
communication layers.

> http://www.fujitsu.com/downloads/TC/sc10/programming-on-k-computer.pdf
# Sorry, this figure is somewhat broken. Arrows point incorrect layers.

First, we created a new BTL component, 'tofu BTL'. It's not so special
one but dedicated to our Tofu interconnect. But its latency was not
enough for us.

So we created a new framework, 'LLP', and its component, 'tofu LLP'.
It bypasses request object creation in PML and BML/BTL, and sends
a message immediately if possible.

Also, we modified tuned COLL to implement interconnect-and-topology-
specific bcast/allgather/alltoall/allreduce algorithm. These algorithm
implementations also bypass PML/BML/BTL to eliminate protocol and software
overhead.

To achieve above, we created 'tofu COMMON', like sm (ompi/mca/common/sm/).

Is there interesting one?

Though our BTL and COLL are quite interconnect-specific, LLP may be
contributed in the future.

Regards,

Takahiro Kawashima,
MPI development team,