[Comment at bottom]

I ran into this same issue about wanting to use more than one mpool in a btl.
I expected that there might be a base resource structure that was extended by
each mpool.  I talked with Jeff and he told me (if I recall correctly) that the
reason was because there was no common information in any of the
mca_mpool_base_resources_t structures so there was no need to have a base
structure.  I do not think there is any reason we cannot do it as you suggest.

[The one other place I have seen it done like this in the library is the
mca_btl_base_endpoint_t which is defined differently for each BTL]

contain
confidential information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or
distribution
is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the
sender by