George will have to answer that in detail, but note that if you modify the
tuned coll module source code, you can simply "make install" in
ompi/mca/coll/tuned.  That will re-build the coll tuned module and install it
in the plugin directory.  You don't even need to recompile your MPI app, since
all of the coll tuned module is dynamically opened at run-time.

That's *much* faster than re-compiling/re-installing the whole of Open MPI.
w00t. :-)

>>> ros...@ftmk.upsi.edu.my