On Apr 30, 2013, at 9:41 AM, George Bosilca <bosi...@icl.utk.edu> wrote:

> Ralph,
>
> The log message is plain wrong. There is nothing non standard compliant in
> the way the PML V is using the output, it is just it use an internal storage
> for it's stream.

My point was that vprotocol isn't a standalone framework like all the others we
have - it is tightly coupled to the pml/v component. That isn't the standard
way we do things, as you know. The arrangement has caused some issues in the
past, and this was just one that bit Nathan as he didn't realize it.

> It should be straightforward to fix it by removing __ALL__ references to the
> output variable not only the one from the structure.

Yes, but that then requires that the pml/v component directly reference the
vprotocol framework object, which seems equally ugly. If that's what you want,
then please feel free to do so - in which case, you could have just fixed it
the way you want yourself :-)