Thank for making this patch available.

Ken Lloyd

-----Original Message-----
From: devel-boun...@open-mpi.org [mailto:devel-boun...@open-mpi.org] On
Behalf Of George Bosilca
Sent: Monday, June 24, 2013 1:39 PM
To: Open MPI Developers
Subject: [OMPI devel] RFC MPI 2.2 Dist_graph addition

WHAT:    Support for MPI 2.2 dist_graph

WHY:     To become [almost entierly] MPI 2.2 compliant

WHEN:    Monday July 1st

As discussed during the last phone call, a missing functionality of the MPI
2.2 standard (the distributed graph topology) is ready for prime-time. The
attached patch provide a minimal version (no components supporting
reordering), that will complete the topology support in Open MPI.

It is somehow a major change compared with what we had before and it reshape
the way we deal with topologies completely. Where our topologies were mainly
storage components (they were not capable of creating the new communicator
as an example), the new version is built around a [possibly] common
representation (in mca/topo/topo.h), but the functions to attach and
retrieve the topological information are specific to each component. As a
result the ompi_create_cart and ompi_create_graph functions become useless
and have been removed.

In addition to adding the internal infrastructure to manage the topology
information, it updates the MPI interface, and the debuggers support and
provides all Fortran interfaces. From a correctness point of view it passes
all the tests we have in ompi-tests for the cart and graph topology, and
some tests/applications for the dist_graph interface.

I don't think there is a need for a long wait on this one so I would like to
propose a short deadline, a week from now on Monday July 1st. A patch based
on Open MPI trunk r28670 is attached below.

Thanks,
  George.