Thanks Piotr - I'll apply that and move it to the 1.7 branch.

Some of us are trying to test the pmi2 support in 2.6.0 and hitting a problem.
We have verified that the pmi2 support was built/installed, and that both
slurmctld and slurmd are at 2.6.0 level. When we run "srun --mpi-list", we get:

srun: MPI types are...
srun: mpi/mvapich
srun: mpi/pmi2
srun: mpi/mpich1_shmem
srun: mpi/mpich1_p4
srun: mpi/none
srun: mpi/lam
srun: mpi/openmpi
srun: mpi/mpichmx
srun: mpi/mpichgm

So it looks like the install is correct. However, when we attempt to run a job
with "srun --mpi=pmi2 foo", we get an error from the slurmd on the remote node:

slurmd[n1]: mpi/pmi2: no value for key  in req

and the PMI calls in the app fail. Any ideas as to the source of the problem?
Do we have to configure something else, or start slurmd with some option?

Thanks
Ralph