I refrained from speaking up on this thread because I was on travel, and I
wanted to think a bit more about this before I said anything.

Let me try to summarize the arguments that have been made so far...

A. Things people seem to agree on:

1. Inclusion in trunk has no correlation to being included in a release
2. Prior examples of (effectively) single-organization components

B. Reasons to have STCI/HPX/etc. components in SVN trunk:

1. Multiple organizations are asking (ORNL, UTK, UH)
2. Easier to develop/merge the STCI/HPX/etc. components over time
3. Find all alternate RTE components in one place (vs. multiple internet repos)
4. More examples of how to use the RTE framework

C. Reasons not to have STCI/HPX/etc. components in the SVN trunk:

1. What is the (technical) gain is for being in the trunk?
2. Concerns about external release schedule pressure
3. Why have something on the trunk if it's not eventually destined for a
release?

In particular, I think B2 and C1 seem to be in conflict with each other.

I have several thoughts about this topic, but I'm hesitant to continue this
already lengthy thread on a contentious topic.  I also don't want to spend the
next 30 minutes writing a lengthy, carefully-worded email that will just spawn
further lengthy, carefully-worded emails (each costing 15-30 minutes).  Prior
history has shown that we discuss and resolve issues much more rationally on
the phone (vs. email hell).

I would therefore like to discuss this on a weekly Tuesday call.

Next week is bad because it's the MPI Forum meeting; I suspect that some -- but
not all -- of us will not be on the Tuesday call because we'll be at the Forum.

Thomas indicated there was no rush on the RFC; perhaps we can discuss this
next-next-Tuesday (June 10)?