Today I was looking at the following FAQ entry which claims to describe how
memory management work with mpi_leave_pinned in ompi-1.3 (and I am
*assuming* newer):

http://www.open-mpi.org/faq/?category=openfabrics#leave-pinned-memory-management-v1.3

I noticed in particular the following sentence:
   "Further, if OpenFabrics networks are being used, Open MPI will use the
mallopt() system call to disable returning memory to the OS if no other
hooks are provided, resulting in higher peak bandwidth by default."

However, when I went looking I could not find any mallopt() calls in the
current trunk nor in 1.7.

Can somebody let me know if this FAQ entry is intended to apply to versions
newer than 1.3.x?
If not, where is the correct information for 1.4, 1.5, 1.6, 1.7, and 1.8?

Thanks,
-Paul

--
Paul H. Hargrove                          phhargr...@lbl.gov