Ignore my previous email, I see what is going on. Basically, there are 6
data  made available to the BTL: nodename, job_session_dir,
proc_session_dir, num_local_peers, my_local_rank and if available cpuset.
Some of this information is available early in the startup while others are
only available after the modex exchange.

Right now the initialization of all these info is made after the modex
exchange. We can certainly move some of them earlier, maybe right after the
RTE initialization. As Ralph said, I requested his help on this as he is in
the best position to know when the RTE can provide such information.

Patience ...

  George.