I d like to make a step back ...

i previously tested with slurm 2.6.0, and it complained about the
slurm_verbose symbol that is defined in libslurm.so
so with slurm 2.6.0, RTLD_GLOBAL or relinking is ok

now i tested with slurm 2.6.6 and it complains about the
slurm_auth_get_arg_desc symbol, and this symbol is not
defined in any dynamic library. it is internally defined in the static
libcommon.a library, which is used to build the slurm binaries.

as far as i understand, auth_munge.so can only be invoked from a slurm
binary, which means it cannot be invoked from an mpi application
even if it is linked with libslurm, libpmi, ...

that looks like a slurm design issue that the slurm folks will take care of.

Cheers,

Gilles