In the usual place - this is an early rc as it doesn’t yet contain the thread
multiple fix that is impacting performance. However, I wanted to give people a
chance to run all their non-threaded functional validation tests.

The release candidate includes a wide range of bug fixes as reported by users
over the last month, many of which have been subsequently tested by the
reporters. Still, I would appreciate a fairly thorough testing as this is
expected to be the last 1.8 series release for some time.

http://www.open-mpi.org/software/ompi/v1.8/
<http://www.open-mpi.org/software/ompi/v1.8/>

We are still shooting to get this officially released before the holidays -
which means, we have 2 weeks to complete the release cycle.

Thanks
Ralph