On 27 Feb 2015, at 10:14 AM, Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) wrote:

> Yes, you do need to specify -m32 in CFLAGS and --with-wrapper*, because you
> may well want to build OMPI with one set of flags and build MPI applications
> with a different set of flags.  Hence, the wrappers don't contain all the
> CFLAGS used to build OMPI, for example.

I think of -m32 and -m64 as really selecting different compilers.  (Which might
actually be true under the covers.)  When I use the -m flag, I generally add it
to the compiler definition (FF, FC, LD), not the XXFLAGS.  If one follows that
convention, will OpenMPI always pass the -m flag on to the wrapper scripts so
the addition of --with-wrapper* is not necessary?  It would have to handle the
embedded blank properly, which may be tricky.

Larry Baker
US Geological Survey
650-329-5608
ba...@usgs.gov