A few points:

1. The URL cites Open MPI v1.8.1, which is pretty old at this point.  We just
had a release last week of v1.10.3.  You'd be much better off using that
version -- see https://www.open-mpi.org/software/ompi/v1.10/.

2. You likely do not have a fortran compiler installed (e.g., gfortran).  As
such, Open MPI probably did not build Fortran support.  You should probably try
to install a Fortran compiler and then re-configure/build/install Open MPI
(V1.10.3), and see if that solves your problem.  If you want to force Open MPI
to build with Fortran support -- i.e., complain/error/abort if it can't find
Fortran support -- add the CLI option "--enable-mpi-fortran" on the Open MPI
configure command line.