Christopher,

i made PR #1345 https://github.com/open-mpi/ompi-release/pull/1345

(there is no copyright in these files, let me know how i should credit pathscale (if you want that of course)

this is basically your patch plus a few changes : you need to configure with '--disable-c99' if you are using pre C99 compiler.

i noted these patches are for the v1.10 series. do you also expect v2.x (and master too ?) can be built with pre C99 compilers too ?

Cheers,

Gilles