Per Dallas discussions:
* We're looking to release v2.1.0 by 31 Oct
* Feature freeze / cutoff is 30 Sep
* There are "must have" items that will block the release schedule
If we really want a release by 31 Oct, there is much work to do in a short
amount of time.
Per our Dallas discussions
https://github.com/open-mpi/ompi/wiki/Meeting-Minutes-2016-08), we are looking
to release v2.1.0 by the end of October.
We had talked about September 30 as the feature freeze date for v2.1.0. This
is rapidly approaching.
According to https://github.com/open-mpi/ompi/wiki/Releasev2x, here are the
remaining incomplete v2.1.0 "must have's":
* PMIx 2.0 integration (Intel, MLNX) - partially in master Issue
#2072<https://github.com/open-mpi/ompi/issues/2072>. Will require porting to
the v2.x branch.
* Open SHMEM 1.3 compliance issue #2109 tracking multiple
* mpool/rcache rewrite (LANL) - already in master
* HCOLL datatypes - already in master
* Better CMA support detection / make CMA the default in vader PR
Other new features can be accepted to v2.1.0, but not after 30 Sep.
Additionally, there are currently 6 blocker issues:
in various states (some haven't started, some are partially complete, some are
all-but-complete). These, too, must be fixed before release, and may delay the
For corporate legal information go to:
devel mailing list