On Mar 13, 2018, at 11:43 AM, Pharthiphan Asokan <paso...@ddn.com> wrote:

> HI Jeff,
>
> by adding PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH, I don't see orted not found issue.

Keep in mind that you need to add it to PATH/LD_LIBRARY_PATH (or use the
--prefix method described in the FAQ) on all machines where you are running.
I.e., orted and friends need to be found in your path for non-interactive
remote logins.

> WARNING: No preset parameters were found for the device that Open MPI
> detected:
>
>  Local host:            vcn03
>  Device name:           mlx5_0
>  Device vendor ID:      0x02c9
>  Device vendor part ID: 4114
>
> Default device parameters will be used, which may result in lower
> performance.  You can edit any of the files specified by the
> btl_openib_device_param_files MCA parameter to set values for your
> device.
>
> NOTE: You can turn off this warning by setting the MCA parameter
>      btl_openib_warn_no_device_params_found to 0.
> [vcn04][[33859,1],2][connect/btl_openib_connect_udcm.c:1235:udcm_rc_qp_to_rtr]
>  error modifing QP to RTR errno says Invalid argument
> [vcn03][[33859,1],0][connect/btl_openib_connect_udcm.c:1235:udcm_rc_qp_to_rtr]
>  error modifing QP to RTR errno says Invalid argument

Mellanox will need to comment here (or on the GitHub issue you opened:
https://github.com/open-mpi/ompi/issues/4887).