Folks,

FYI, and as posted by Damian Rouson in the de...@mpich.org ML

The upcoming GCC 9 release will contain the first version of gfortran that provides the Fortran 2018 ISO_Fortran_binding.h header file, which MPICH requires in order to build MPI 3's mpi_f08 module.  If anyone is interested in testing, please checkout the current GCC trunk and submit any related issues to the gfortran developers at fort...@gcc.gnu.org <mailto:fort...@gcc.gnu.org>.

I'm cc'ing Paul Thomas, who contributed the ISO_Fortran_binding patch to gfortran under contract for Sourcery Institute.

As far as I am aware of, only Intel and Cray compilers currently support this feature.

Cheers,

Gilles