Fair enough.  I updated the 5.0 wiki yesterday.

On Nov 20, 2019, at 2:00 PM, Paul Hargrove via devel
<devel@lists.open-mpi.org<mailto:devel@lists.open-mpi.org>> wrote:

All,

Following up on my question in the OMPI BoF today, I have confirmed that RHEL8
is shipping GCC-8.2, not the problematic GCC-4.8.5 used in RHEL7.

I don't believe that the numerous RHEL7-based systems are going to jump to
upgrade, at least you can have some confidence that NEW systems coming online
with a too-old gfortran should be small in number.

So, while dropping support in OMPI 5.0 for gfortran < 4.9 will hurt folks using
RHEL7 (and the vendor-provided GCC), this decision will not impact RHEL8
systems.

-Paul

--
Paul H. Hargrove <phhargr...@lbl.gov<mailto:phhargr...@lbl.gov>>
Computer Languages & Systems Software (CLaSS) Group

jsquy...@cisco.com<mailto:jsquy...@cisco.com>