Just a point of clarification since there was a comment on the PR that made
this change. This is _not_ a permanent situation, nor was it done because PMIx
had achieved some magic milestone. We changed the submodule to point to the new
v4.0 branch so we could test that branch prior to its release. Once it is
released, we will switch the submodule back to tracking the PMIx master.

When OMPI branches for v5, we will adjust the submodule in that branch to point
at the latest PMIx v4.x release. Or we may remove the submodule and replace it
with a tarball - not sure which the RMs would prefer, but we can do either.

On Dec 17, 2020, at 9:03 AM, Ralph Castain via devel <devel@lists.open-mpi.org