I'm specifically wanting my users to be able to load a "debug" vs.
"tuned" UCX module, without me having to make two different Open MPI
installs... the combinatorics get bad after a few versions.... (I'm
already having multiple versions of Open MPI to handle the differences
in Fortran mpi mod files for various compilers.)
Here are the differences in the configure options between the two UCX modules:
debug version: --enable-logging --enable-debug --enable-assertions
--enable-params-check --prefix=/same/install/prefix/ucx/1.9.0/debug
tuned version: --disable-logging --disable-debug --disable-assertions
--disable-params-check --prefix=/same/install/prefix/ucx/1.9.0/tuned

We noticed that the --enable-debug option for UCX has a pretty
dramatic performance hit for one application (so far).
I've already tested that everything works fine if I replace UCX's .so
files manually in the filesystem, and the "new/changed" ones get
loaded, but a user can't make that kind of swap.
My hope is a user could type "module swap ucx/1.9.0/tuned
ucx/1.9.0/debug" when they want to enable debugging at the UCX layer.

--
Tim Mattox, Ph.D. - tmat...@gmail.com