From: devel <devel-boun...@lists.open-mpi.org> On Behalf Of Gilles Gouaillardet
via devel
Sent: Friday, February 5, 2021 8:39 PM
To: Open MPI Developers <devel@lists.open-mpi.org>
Cc: Gilles Gouaillardet <gilles.gouaillar...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] configure problem on master

Edgar and Jeff,

the root cause is we do not use pthreads here any more:

From master config.log

configure:226861: gcc -std=gnu99 -o conftest -O3 -DNDEBUG -finline-functions
-fno-strict-aliasing -mcx16
-I/home/usersup/gilles/build/ompi-master/3rd-party/openpmix/include
-I/home/usersup/gilles/src/ompi-master/3rd-party/openpmix/include
-I/usr/local/include -I/usr/local/include  conftest.c -lrt -lm -lutil
>&5

/usr/bin/ld: /tmp/ccDiuQBc.o: undefined reference to symbol
'sem_open@@GLIBC_2.2.5'

//usr/lib64/libpthread.so.0: error adding symbols: DSO missing from command line

The test passes on v4.1.x because the '-pthread' flag is passed

Cheers,

Gilles