That’s what I thought. Thanks.

From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) <jsquy...@cisco.com>
Sent: Thursday, February 11, 2021 1:11 PM
To: Heinz, Michael William <michael.william.he...@cornelisnetworks.com>
Cc: Open MPI Developers List <devel@lists.open-mpi.org>
Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] Support for AMD M100?

There's not really any generic "accelerator" infrastructure in Open MPI itself
-- there's a bunch of explicit CUDA support.

But even some of that moved downward into both Libfabric and UCX and (at least
somewhat) out of OMPI.

That being said, we just added the AVX MPI_Op component -- equivalent
components could be added for CUDA and/or AMD's GPU (what API does it use --
OpenCL?).  That being said, I would imagine that the data inputs would need to
be very large to make it worthwhile (wall-clock execution-wise) to offload
MPI_Op operations to a discrete GPU on the other side of the PCI bus.

On Feb 11, 2021, at 1:02 PM, Heinz, Michael William
<michael.william.he...@cornelisnetworks.com<mailto:michael.william.he...@cornelisnetworks.com>>